Hip and crafty brides-to-be understand the value of doing it themselves. Not only is taking a hands-on approach to nuptials a great way to save money, but it allows brides-to-be everywhere to showcase their own personal style. Author Khris Cochran, the wedding world’s craft guru, understands how an engaged gal today plans and designs her wedding. The creator of DIYBride.com and author of two highly successful DIY Bride books, she has packed this third volume with 40 brand new fun and original projects. Organized by wedding theme, including Sand & Sea, Bright Lights, Big City, and A Touch of Country, The DIY Bride An Affair to Remember includes themed projects for save-the-dates, invitations, programs, favors, decorations, and more. A popular price comparison box shows how much these DIY projects can save; a budget section itemizes the costs; and a new box offers extra style variations. With 80 inspiring photos, this is the book brides will say “I do” to for a one-of-a-kind wedding.
If you’re planning a wedding, it’s probably the most complicated event you’ll ever need to orchestrate. From invitations and decorations to flower arrangements, centerpieces and goody bags, there’s a lot to manage — and each one has its own (often surprising) price tag.That’s why this unique do-it-yourself wedding planner is perfect for the stylish bride-to-be, with charming craft projects that will add a distinct touch of personality to your wedding — and help you save a few bucks along the way.In this hip, budget-friendly guide, Khris Cochran presents 40 original, affordable, time-saving projects in the popular countdown format brides on a deadline love. Here are just a few of the crafty, creative projects you’ll find.
- Edible, save-the-date cards
- Hand-stamped cocktail napkins
- Bead-and-lace bridal slippers
- Feather boutonnière for the groom
- Super-cool “Just Married” sign
In her engaging, straightforward style, Cochran carefully leads readers through each project, sharing spot-on tips and shortcuts. Four-color, step-by-step illustrations, easy-to-read templates, and pattern guides take the mystery out of creating these memorable wedding keepsakes.
And lots of helpful sidebars provide time estimates — so savvy brides-to-be can plan out their projects and count down confidently to their special day.
“The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for your Ultimate One-of-a-kind Wedding” (2007)
If you want to give every facet of your wedding a distinctive, personal touch that’s as unique as you are, here’s a book you’ll truly enjoy. From clever invitations to delicious goody bags – and everything in between – the DIY Bride features 40 homemade projects
that will help you put your own creative flourishes on the accessories of the day. Every project is a great opportunity to let your talents shine, to design a wedding day that reflects your own personality and creative flair. Whether you’re a first time do-it-yourselfer or a pro, there are projects in this book that you can easily make – and adapt to your own individual style.And, of course, with every project you handle yourself – or delegate to friends and family – you’ll save a nice piece of change on costly items that can add up fast. If you’re watching your budget, the book even provides cost comparisons between the DIY version and what you’d pay retail for a similar product. Here’s an example of what you’ll find.
- Learn how to assemble a crafter’s toolkit with everything you’ll need for sewing projects, jewelry-making and paper crafts to brighten up your wedding day
- Get expert tips and advice on project planning, to enlist the help of friends, family, and the wedding party
- Discover great ideas for making your own memorable save-the-date and wedding invitation cards
- Find out how to create elegant jewelry and accessories like a glamour girl birdcage veil, vintage necklace tiara, fabric flower brooch, and stunning drop earrings
- Pick up creative strategies for crafting your wedding ceremony, by making your own bridal bag, a decoupage flower girl bucket, stephanotis ring pillow and more
- You’ll also find some great ways to hold onto your memories by creating a time capsule, photo memento book, and keepsake display box
Before you start hiring lots of expensive specialists to handle every last detail of your wedding, take a good look at the easy-to-make projects in the DIY Bride. It’s a smart way to make your day more rewarding and less costly.