Do all of your friends fawn over how clever and crafty you are? Is your finger on the pulse of the wedding industry? Are you a slave to pop culture, DIY, and fashion/decorating? Yeah? Awesome. Come write for us!
DIYBride.Com is delighted to accept guest submissions from bright, witty writers to help make us a more comprehensive, more reader-focused, and more visible resource for do-it-yourself couples.
What’s In It For You
Fame and we’d love to say fortune, but, alas, this is a free resource. There’s no cash involved, but you do get your name in print and you’ll be part of one of the most established wedding blogs and resources on the ‘net. Build your rep, promote your expertise and help thousands of DIYers create their awesome celebration. We’ll give you credit for your submissions, of course, plus create a fab little bio for you and a link to your web page or business.
What We’re Looking For
Contributors must be DIY-friendly, offer creative solutions, and know how to work within a wide range of budgets, styles, and situations.
These are the topics we’re currently accepting articles for:
♥ General Crafting Advice and Tips. If your finger is on the pulse of the craft world and you have a knack for finding or creating crafts that are perfect for DIY weddings, we’ll bow down and kiss your feet we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for fun, creative candidates who can report on craft trends (as they relate to weddings), interview crafters/designers, do product reviews, and connect our readers with the resources that matter to them. All areas of wedding crafting: invites/stationery, flowers, decor, etc. are desired. (To submit DIY craft projects, please click here for our dedicated craft form. Thanks!)
♥ Wedding Planning For The DIY Couple. Our audience is smart, creative, budget-conscious, and fun. We’re looking for writers with experience with wedding planning and can help our DIYers navigate their way through the process from through engagement through the reception. Budgets, timelines, space planning, logistics are all hot topics for us.
♥ Fashion and Beauty. If fashion is your passion and evangelizing DIY hair/makeup/beauty is your calling, have we got a gig for you! For our F+B position, we’re looking for style-savvy writers who can whip up great tutorials for wedding day beauty, share creative resources and tips for helping the bride and groom feel their best on the big day. Product reviews, designer interviews/spotlights, inspiration boards, and bargain hunting are all welcome. Please note we do not accept articles weight loss, diet, plastic surgery, or teeth whitening.
♥ Food + Catering. Are you a closeted (or not-so-closeted) chef or DIY foodie? We’re on the hunt for candidates who can help our DIYers plan, prepare, and execute self-catered food and drink at their weddings, showers, rehearsal dinners bachelor/ette parties. If you’re a master mixologist, a daredevil pot-luck coordinator, or obsessed with DIY cakes and confections, let’s talk. Product reviews, designer interviews/spotlights, inspiration boards, and bargain hunting are all welcome.
♥ Honeymoons and Destination Weddings. Are you a wedding pro or blogger living abroad? A travel professional? A local wedding guru? We’re looking for contributors who can help our readers find that perfect spot for a honeymoon or destination wedding. Ability to share travel bargains, knowledge of travel and marriage requirements in your location (or the locations you’re writing about), insider details (best boutique hotels under $xyz, for example) are essential.
• All articles must be written with our audience – smart, fun, crafty couples in their late 20′s and in all budget points from micro through luxury – in mind. Please keep your tone supportive, light, and without judgement.
• Length: Articles can be any length and we’ll evaluate each one on a case-by-case basis.
• Editing: Please submit ready-to-publish pieces with proper spelling, grammar, punctuation. Articles may be edited for length, accuracy and clarity before publication.
• Acceptance: Submission of an article does not guarantee it will be accepted for publication. We will let you know within 4 weeks if you’ve been accepted or not. Typically, we do not provide feedback for rejections unless we are asking for a re-write and re-submission.
• We do not accept articles from SEO farms nor any that serve to promote your business (or your client’s) business. Anything that looks like marketing copy or promotional materials will be rejected.
Terms + Copyright
• DIY Bride accepts only original articles written by the person submitting them. We do not accept articles that have been submitted elsewhere.
• Writers maintain the copyright of every article that they wish to submit to DIYBride.com. Writers may re-publish electronically provided that the re-published article states: This article was first published on www.diybride.com.
• It is the author’s obligation to clear all images attached to an article before submitting it to DIY Bride. When you, the author, attach images to a submission, you certify that the images are your intellectual property or they’ve properly licensed/cleared for publication.