Category archives: Crafting Advice
- One of the most-commented upon projects this year, the Chevron Invitation Suite, left many of you wondering how to get the chevron design perfectly - and consistently - stamped on your own invitations. Though I'd like to say that I'm JUST THAT AWESOME at stamping, that's totally not the case.
I simply use dark magic[...]
This pressing missive comes from Julie:
I saw some killer invitations that were dark purple with white printing. How can I print in white with my inkjet or office laser printer?
DIY Bride Answers:
Though home and office printers have come a long way, none of the ones on the market print in whit[...]
- I'm in the final push to finish up the projects for DIY Bride book #3 this week. You could say that it's manic panic in the Casa de DIY and you wouldn't be exaggerating! About 6 weeks ago I ordered some big spools of ribbon and tulle from JKM Ribbon. According to their website and my receipt "It takes about 10 Business[...]
Hey Everyone! My beloved 10 month old son, a curious soul, decided to rip the LCD display from my printer a couple of days ago. I'm in the market for a new printer and, from the emails I get from you guys, many of you are looking for good home printers, too. I had a Canon Pixma MP500. It was one of the best all-in-on[...]
Happy Autumn, Northern (oops! not, Western) Hemisphere readers! For those of you planning a Fall wedding, get your behinds to your local magazine racks. September is prime Fall decorating time with the major shelter magazines: Martha, Country Living, Better Homes and Gardens, Southern Living, etc., who nearly always [...]
Hey DIY Bride:
My fi and I are going to do the iPod reception thing. We did a test run at our reception hall (our church's hall) after a group meeting a few weekends ago and it sounded like crap. What did we do wrong?
Having an iPod reception can work - and work well - but it needs some serious [...]
- Dear DIY Bride,
When I started planning my wedding last year I *loved* the idea of having a candy buffet. Today I'm really sick of seeing them! I like the idea of a serve-yourself favor bar. Got any suggestions for an original alternative?
Candy buffets exploded on the wedding scene[...]
- Hey Crafty Peeps,
DIYer Ashley is in search of a Print Gocco machine.
As many of you know, Riso discontinued selling the Gocco in the US. Machines are hard to find and the accessories are now starting to become scarce.
Here's part of my reply to Ashley:
Oddly enough eBay seems to be the most reliable source i[...]
August is stamping month at DIY Bride. I'll be taking you through the basics to get you started and offer some tips and techniques for more advanced stampers. Today, I'm sharing a list of surfaces and objects you can rubber stamp on. They're not just for cardstock!
- When it came time to write my first book, I boldly included a couple of floral projects in the mix. DIY flowers are becoming more popular with DIYers and I figured that needed to be addressed in a hip, fun craft book. Then reality set in. Me? Do flowers? I was petrified!Of all the wedding crafts I've done, flower arran[...]
- Tips on making your own aisle runners from DIYBride members:
"I bought 8 yards of a white cotton fabric. I took the monogram image that I had made on my cocktail napkins and had it enlarged at Kinkos. I took that image and traced it onto the fabric. I then took fabric paint and painted in the letters. If [...]
- This query came in from one of our readers. We're delighted to have an easy solution for her!
I'm hoping you can help! I'm using eyelets and brads to attach my invitation pieces together. The problem is that I need colors that match my invitations and I can't find any. I tried painting one with acrylic paints[...]