[Update // November 04: Entries are now closed! If you don't see your entry in the comments below - and you entered before midnight Monday - don't fret. Several entries made it into our database but did not publish when we switched comment systems on Saturday. We'll publish them all, in order, and do random draws from all eligible entries this afternoon.]
[UPDATE // NOVEMBER 02: Due to user-reported problems with our commenting system, we've extended the entry deadline until 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, Nov 03.]
Happy November, Lovelies!
Welcome to our first-ever Virtual Bridal Shower, a monthly online giveaway event where we endeavor to put the best tools, resources, and products into your crafty little hands.
Before we get to the good stuff, please take a moment to read our Terms & Conditions at the bottom of this post.
Ready to get started? (Heck, yeah!)
Our shower theme this month is focused on The Essentials. These are things I think every couple should have in their wedding toolbox whether it’s a tool, material, information, or resource.
First up: we have two eBooks from financial guru Leo Ostapiv. (One winner from each book will be chosen.) If you’ve read my posts about wedding debt (check out this one) and how it affected my marriage, you’ll know this is a topic very close to my heart. As an old married lady, I cannot stress enough that getting your finances in order is essential to a healthy, happy marriage. Leo’s books offer practical, sound advice for navigating the often emotional and scary waters of personal finances.
The first of Leo’s books available is HOME FINANCES FOR COUPLES.
Home Finances for Couples is a great help for a partner in a relationship, who wants to manage the family finances efficiently, move toward meeting the shared financial goals and live in financial peace with no money issues.
Home Finances for Couples contains 10 main chapters along with interviews, practical exercises, links to the best American and Canadian personal finance bloggers, visual illustrations and graphs.
It was inspired by Dave Ramsey’s book “Total money makeover”, but it also adds the valuable relationship advice, particularly for young couples and newlyweds.
Leo is also offering the FAMILY MONEY FITNESS PROGRAM WORKBOOK.
The book has all exercises from the larger title Home Finances for Couples: Resolve Money Problems in Marriage and Learn Easy Steps to Manage Family Budget in this tiny book. Think of these exercises as a fitness program to improve the Financial Health of your relationship. It’s for the reader who has no time to read the full edition, but who is eager to solve all money problems in his or her own relationship and live in financial peace.
Moreover, it will motivate you to act in the following areas:
Financial planning for couples
Money management for couples
Budgeting and saving money
Maintaining monthly budget
Marriage and money discussions
Earning more money
Next up is a must-have for anyone doing their own stationery, the 12-Inch Fiskars Recycled Bypass Trimmer. Friends, let me tell you that 90% of my invite and stationery failures usually involve inaccurately cut paper or jagged edges from a dull cutting blade. The Fiskars Trimmer is a delight to work with and provides hundreds of accurate, razor sharp cuts on a single blade. (Sponsor: DIY Bride)
If you’re creating layered stationery or other paper projects that require a double-sided tape adhesives, you MUST own the Scotch CAT 085 Advanced Tape Glider with 2 Rolls of 1/4-Inch by 36-Yard Acid Free Tape. This tape glider makes applying those bajillion pieces of double-stick tape soooo easy and mess-free. I can’t imagine creating any kind of paper project without it, honestly. (Sponsor: DIY Bride)
And, finally, I’m offering a full set of my three books to 2 lucky recipients:
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment to this post between now and 11:59 pm PST on
Saturday, November 02 Sunday, November 03! Say hi, tell us a knock-knock joke, tell us a little about your wedding… whatev! Just remember to leave your email address in the contact form’s email address field so we know how to get in touch with you should you win.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Giveaway prizes are available to only participants in the US unless otherwise noted. Participants must be 18 years old or older.
- One winner for each prize will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Winner will be notified by email. The winner will then have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected.
- The prize drawing is open at 10:00 a.m. PST on Friday, November 01. Entries will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Saturday, November 02.
- Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. One entry per person will be accepted. The use of multiple email addresses and identities is not permitted and will result in disqualification.
- Prize will only be shipped within the 50 United States. In the case of a downloadable prize, the download details will be delivered via email to the winner.
- All federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner.
- DIY Bride is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected e-mail or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. DIY Bride is not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the judges. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold the DIY Bride harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. DIY Bride are not responsible for typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
DIY Bride and the prize sponsor reserves the right to obtain names and email addresses from the entry form, as well as the right to publicize the winner’s names and likenesses harvested.