JOIN OUR TEAM AND CHANGE THE (WEDDING) WORLD
We believe an amazing wedding should be within the reach of anyone who wants one. To help us help our readers attain their wedding and wedding crafting goals, we’re looking for talented people to join our growing team.
SALES & MARKETING
* Ad Sales Associate. We have 2 opening for ad sales professionals with previous media sales experience in the weddings or crafts industries. If you’re a self-starter, can work during normal business hours, have a strong knowledge of and a passion for wedding blogs, wedding industry, travel/hospitality, and/or craft industry, we’d love to speak with you! Commission-based position.
* Social Media Intern, DIY Bride. Addicted to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram? Love chatting about weddings and crafts? Oh, we just might have the perfect position for you. Our Social Media Intern will use online tools and social media outlets to monitor PR activity around the DIY Bride brand. Working directly with our CEO and sales team, the Social Media & PR Intern will gain insight into PR, social media, and marketing strategies that will be an invaluable experience for anyone seeking future employment in public relations, social media or marketing. School Credit or Volunteer (non-paid) Position.
* Client Services Intern, Love & Cherish: Our new sister site, Love & Cherish has an opening for a client services intern/volunteer. We’re looking for someone to maintain and curate our group of contributors, handle delivery scheduling, and other small administrative tasks.
* Contributing Blogger: Music. If your finger is on the pulse of the music world and you have a knack for creating playlists that span all genres, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for fun, creative candidates who can report on wedding music trends, suggest songs and resources, create playlists for ceremonies and receptions, and help our readers get their groove on with their wedding music. Revenue share position.
* Contributing Blogger: City Guides. Attention, city lovers! We’re looking for city ambassadors to curate fun and practical city guides for our readers. If you know off-the-beaten track wedding venues, cool restaurants, fun bars, great places to stay on the cheap, and the best bridal shops? Become one of our City Guides! Contract position. Paid.
* Gallery Curators. We’re looking for a few good people to curate our images into drool-worthy inspiration galleries of wedding crafts, flowers, and wedding fashion trends. If you love building inspiration boards, have your finger on the pulse of wedding trends and styles, please reach out. Short-term, paid position.
* Editorial Assistant. If you’re more technically and grammatically inclined than crafty, perhaps our editing positions will suit you best? We’re recruiting a few techies to help out with formatting content, editing new submissions, and helping with our editorial scheduling/flow. Your keen attention to detail, impeccable grammar skills, and coordination/scheduling prowess is oh-so-welcome. Unpaid volunteer / school-credit internship position.
The ideal candidate for any of our positions:
- Is Creative. Whether doling out advice to our readers, crafting projects and how-to, or helping us solve behind-the-scenes operations dilemmas, we value those who bring a fresh, creative approach to our work.
- Embraces Diversity. Our readers are a wonderfully diverse group of people from all budgets, skill-sets, faiths, sizes, orientations, races, etc. and are best served by a staff who embraces them for who they are.
- Is Social Media Savvy. We have a strong social media presence and look for candidates who are knowledgeable and active on the big social media networks.
- Wants To Improve The Industry. While the wedding industry can often be an amazing place, it does need some work to bring it into the 21st century and better serve the modern couples it seeks to represent. We’re seeking people who are thinking about ways to improve not only DIY Bride but the greater wedding industry – and help us take action to make positive changes for the benefit of all.
To apply – or for more details – please view our JOBS page.