Join The DIY Bride Design Team!
DIY Bride is looking for dependable, talented, team-oriented, craft enthusiasts to join our new design team program. If you’re an experienced crafter and love weddings, we encourage you to apply!
What Does A Design Team Member Do? Design team members create DIY projects to share with DIY Bride readers.
How Does It Work?
- Each month, DIY Bride sends our designers either craft supplies or a monetary stipend.
- The designers uses the supplies or cash to create a DIY wedding craft project for our readers based on that month’s parameters (i.e. theme, price, product type).
- Designers will photograph the project, write instructions, and and submit it to us within the deadline period.
- Designers receive their own by-line and may link to their sites/stores/social media outlets.
- In addition to the supplies or stipend, the designers may participate in our revenue-share program for the projects submitted.
What Kind of Crafters Are We Looking For?
- Traditional Rubber Stampers
- Card Makers, Stationery Designers
- Sewing Enthusiasts
- Cake Designers and Culinary Gurus
- Digital Scrap / Graphic Designers
- Microsoft Office Experts
- General Crafters / Glue Gun Goddesses
- Jewelry Makers
COMMITMENTS, REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the Design Team:
- You will be issued a 6-month non-exclusive contract.
- You must submit at least 1 project per month using the craft kit or stipend.
- You are responsible for meeting deadlines and project parameters.
- You are responsible for uploading photos to our site, taking quality photos of your creation, and writing clear, concise instructions.
- You MUST have your own blog and be willing to cross-promote on your site and professional craft-related social media accounts.
- You will be promoted on our site and social media accounts, receive your own by-line on the site, and have the opportunity to participate in revenue sharing.
- Photos of 4 of your best projects. Please keep photos under 100k each, .jpg preferred. Links to your projects on another site are ok as long as the projects are clearly identified as yours.
- We are looking for a wide variety of designers (stationery, jewelery, stamping, scrapbooking, sewing, cake design, general diy and/or altered items) and styles. Honestly, we’re pretty tapped out on vintage so, if that’s your thing, please make sure it’s original.
- Please title each project with your fullname (ie. YourName1, YourName2, YourName3).
- Links to online galleries, blogs where your work appears.
- The Questionnaire (see below)
- Name, E-mail, Address, Telephone Number, Blog (optional), Facebook (optional), Twitter (optional)
- Have you been published in the past 12 months? If so, where?
- Are you on any other design teams? Please include the name of each team.
- Do you belong to any online forums, message boards or online galleries where you share your work? If so, please list the site address and your user name for each.
- What do you enjoy creating the most? (scrapbook layouts, diy & home decor projects, altered arts, cards/stationary, sewing projects etc.)