Look Good on Paper: Download this Stationery Checklist (Free Printable)
When you look at it, paper looks so innocent. And yet if you don’t give it enough attention it can really wreak havoc on your wedding. Don’t worry — here’s a simple stationery guide and printable checklist (yaaay!) that’ll ensure both you and your wedding look great on paper.
Way back when, before you got engaged, you probably thought that wedding stationery involved a few invitations and — maybe — an RSVP card. Ha! Boy oh boy, I bet you’re shrugging your shoulders and shaking your head now. The world of wedding stationery is as wide as it is wonderful. Don’t worry too much though; while your paper needs might extend to a few extra bits and pieces that you weren’t expecting, a stationery list isn’t difficult to put together. All you have to do is print out this free stationery checklist and tick off the items you need.
A stationery breakdown:
Just about all weddings (unless you’re planning to go completely paper free) will require at least four things:
- Invitations – to let your guests know what’s happening and when
- RSVP cards – so your guests can thrill you with news of their attendance
- Gifts/registry card – so you can inform your nearest and dearest about your wedding present dreams (or tell them you don’t want anything at all)
- Envelopes – so you can send out all of your carefully-prepared bits and pieces
Aside from these four essentials most weddings will also have:
- Save-the-date cards – to give your guests (particularly those who live far away) enough notice
- (Ceremony) Program – to let everybody know how your ceremony is going to progress
- Place cards – to inform your guests where they should sit
- Menu card – so your dearly beloved know what they’re going to be served
- Thank-you cards – so that you can bestow your thanks onto your guests for all of the lovely gifts they’ve offered you
In addition there is also a bunch of other stationery options:
- Maps, accommodation and tourism information for destination weddings or overseas guests,
- thank-you notes for bridesmaids, groomsmen and your future spouse,
- games for kids
- various signs (directions, signage for the toilet or the photo booth and so on)
So now get to it — make your wedding paper dreams come true.