Editorial Position Opening: Real Weddings
We have an opening in our editorial team for a Real Weddings coordinator. In this position, the RWC is responsible for handling the incoming real wedding submissions we receive from couples, photographers, and other vendors. She (or he) will edit photos, do a write-up about the couple and their wedding, create galleries, and follow our editorial guidelines and processes.
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Familiar with weddings, wedding crafts, DIY culture
- Clear-but-engaging writing style
- Comfortable working with (and possession of their own copy of) Photoshop or other imaging software
- Reliable, friendly, good with follow-up and follow-through, organized and self-motivated.
$$$: This position is revenue share + perks.
About DIY Bride:
We believe an amazing wedding should be within the reach of anyone who wants one. To help us help our readers attain their wedding and wedding crafting goals, we’re looking for talented people to join our team.
The ideal candidate for any of our positions:
- Is Creative. Whether doling out advice to our readers, crafting projects and how-to, or helping us solve behind-the-scenes operations dilemmas, we value those who bring a fresh, creative approach to our work.
- Embraces Diversity. Our readers are a wonderfully diverse group of people from all budgets, skill-sets, faiths, sizes, orientations, races, etc. and are best served by a staff who embraces them for who they are.
- Is Social Media Savvy. We have a strong social media presence and look for candidates who are knowledgeable and active on the big social media networks.
- Wants To Improve The Industry. While the wedding industry can often be an amazing place, it does need some work to bring it into the 21st century and better serve the modern couples it seeks to represent. We’re seeking people who are thinking about ways to improve not only DIY Bride but the greater wedding industry – and help us take action to make positive changes for the benefit of all.
To apply, please contact khris[at]diybride/dot/com with your resume and a writing sample.d