Today’s project is from our new contributor, Amanda! You’ll be seeing many more budget-friendly crafts from her in the coming weeks. Take it away, Amanda…
Creating a lace bracelet is an easy way to add a romantic touch to your wedding day accessories. With just a few items, this bracelet can be completed in a couple of hours. So, turn on your favorite show, gather the supplies and enjoy some crafting!
What you’ll need:
- Lace (1-2 inches in width, approximately 6 inches long)
- Fabric stiffener
- Chain, jump ring and clasp
- Needle nose pliers
- Paint brushes
- Metallic paint
Estimated cost: $10
- Lay your lace on a piece of plastic or wax paper and use a paint brush to cover the lace with fabric stiffener. Let the stiffener dry for an hour before moving on to the next step.
- Lift your lace from the wax paper and move it to an unused dry spot. Color the lace with metallic acrylic paint using a paint brush.
- Cover a glass or water bottle with saran wrap and drape the painted lace around it to help give the lace a round shape while it dries.
- When your paint is completely dry, attach the chain, jump ring and clasp through holes on the lace.
I found my bracelet to be bigger than I’d like, so I simply cut around the shapes and ended up with two. It’d also be easy to add rhinestones or a silk flower to your bracelet with hot glue. Have fun and enjoy making it your own!