Strawberry Centerpiece from Tara Wilson
Event designer, Tara Wilson, shares with us this lovely – and easy – edible centerpiece idea. This is perfect for a cozy, casual outdoor wedding, your bridal shower, or a brunch for your wedding party.
1. Wrap each of the wreaths with the red ribbon, making certain that none of the Styrofoam is visible. NOTE: if the ribbon is too thick it will be challenging to push the pins through. Selecting a ribbon that is not tightly woven will make this process easier.
2. Attach the (2) largest wreaths together using the floral cleats to form the base of the cake.
3. Remove the stems of each Driscoll’s strawberry, making sure to create a clean even cut. Then cut the each berry in half length wise.
4. Begin to cover the outer edges of the (2) largest wreaths with berries in a circular pattern until outer ring is covered.
5. Attach the (2) medium sized wreaths together using the floral cleats to form the second layer of the cake.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
7. Attach the (2) smallest wreaths together using the floral cleats. This will form the top layer of the cake.
8. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
About the Expert: Tara Wilson is the owner of Tara Wilson Events, a full-service event company committed to providing creative, well-executed and memorable events for individual and corporate clients.