The mission of DIY Bride is to bring the tools, resources, and how-to information to our readers that empower them to create their unique one-of-a-kind wedding. As part of this mission we occasionally review products that are designed to help our community achieve their goals.
We welcome manufacturers, vendors, and public relations firms to submit products for review. As standard ethical practice and to comply with the Federal Trade Commission, DIY Bride has the following guidelines in place regarding our product reviews.
- Every product reviewed on DIYBride.com is an actual product that must be in our possession that we can sample or use for the purpose of review. We do not write reviews of products we haven’t seen/used in person.
- To maintain editorial integrity all reviews are written in our own voice, using our own words. Vendors may request a review of the article before publication to check for accuracy of the facts stated in the review. We do not allow for any further vendor or agent alterations to the article.
- Vendor hypertext links, anchor texts, or keywords stated are not guaranteed.
- We do not accept guest posts as reviews.
- Products that are sent to us will not be returned unless requested. (Any product to be returned must be accompanied by packaging and sufficient postage for the return delivery.)
- In no case will we ever guarantee a favorable review to the vendor of a product or service, or to their agents/representatives. If we decide the product is poor/a poor fit for our audience, we will, at our discretion, simply not review it.
- Should we decide to review your product, we will clearly disclose that the product/sample was provided to us in the text of the review. We are delighted to include a blurb about your product along with NO FOLLOW links to your website and/or social media accounts.