We take great pride in our global and thriving community, it’s part of what makes the DIY Bride such a friendly place to participate in. Our focus on forum rules and guidelines is one of transparency and mutual respect. We invite all users who wish to participate, give feedback, or have their say to do so.
The DIY Bride team takes a transparent and common sense approach with forum rules and moderating. Before using or participating on the forums, please do familiarize yourself with the below rules and guidelines. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact a moderator.
Lastly, we encourage you to above all have fun, get to know your community members, and enjoy all the forums have to offer. It’s a friendly place with plenty of talented people. We’d love to see you participate!
OUR 3 SIMPLE RULES
1. DON’T BE A JERK. While we appreciate and encourage open discussion and debate, members are not allowed to wage personal attacks, flame wars, or abusive behavior of any kind on any person(s) in our community. This includes racist, sexist, homophobic, and threatening comments. You may certainly disagree with another member, but you are expected to do so in a mature, level-headed manner. If you feel the urge to attack anyone, don’t.
2. DO NOT SPAM OR SELF-PROMOTE. These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content. This includes:
• Links to your site or product, store, website, business or forums etc.
• Sending private messages to a large number of different users.
• Announcements of sales, coupons, promotions
• Contests of any kind
• Casting calls
• Solicit for any kind of material support, donations, aid, etc.
3. DON’T SHARE ILLEGAL OR OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT. Keep porn, illegal activities, copyright violations, illicit materials, etc. off the site. We report violations to law enforcement as necessary.
WARNING AND BAN POLICY
We will temporarily or permanently ban members from the forums for repeated rule breaches, including our policies on trolling or any other form of consistent disruptive behavior. Forum bans will usually be temporary and will only be used when other alternatives have already been looked at and have not been successful. To avoid disruption to your forum privileges, please observe the rules in this document at all times and always follow staff and moderators direction. Moderators will report serious rule infractions and a warning or forum ban may result. If your account has been banned (temporarily or permanently), you will still be able to browse the forums, but not be able to comment or post new threads. You will still be able to comment on items and access to other site services will be maintained. Support will contact you at your registered email address in the event that your account has restrictions placed on it with further information.
While a ban will normally involve only a ban of your user account, in extreme circumstances, it is possible to block your IP address from the forums.
The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close and thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.